What is Domain Name?
A domain name is a hallmark of any particular website in this Internet world. The system used to get this domain name for your website is popularly known as Domain Name System (DNS). This (DNS) system can identify any web address by its domain name, only.
Therefore, we can say that the domain name is the name of your own website or someone else to reach out to that particular website on the internet. But do you know that every website has an IP (Internet Protocol) address which is like a number series? And which are very difficult to remember at once?
Therefore, to solve this problem, a Domain Naming System was developed so that users didn’t have to remember different types of IP for multiple websites.
In simple words, if the website is your home, then the domain name is the address of your specific website. By typing this domain name in the internet browser address bar, users can access your website without remembering any IP address.
Types of Domain Name
TLD – Top Level Domain
- .com (Commercial)
- .org (Organization)
- .biz (Business)
- .club (Clubs)
- .info (Information)
- .agency (Any particular Business)
- .arpa (Infrastructure), etc;
ccTLD – country code Top Level Domain
- .uk (United Kingdom)
- .de (Germany)
- .in (India)
- .ru (Russia)
- .asia (Asia), etc;
sTLD – sponsored Top Level Domain
- .edu (Education)
- .gov (Government)
- .mil (Military), and more.
How to Buy a Domain Name from GoDaddy?
To get or register a domain name for your website, you should need to buy it from the domain name registrars web portal which provides TLD (Top Level Domain) name at a reasonable price. Here, I’m going to share a step by step procedure to buy a domain name through GoDaddy.
Before buying any domain name, you should research it on the internet, so that you can find a good domain name for your website which is related to your blog/ niche.
Let’s follow the below-given procedure to get the domain name from GoDaddy.
- Open your web browser and type https://in.godaddy.com in the address bar or simply search by GoDaddy.
- Now, enter your desired domain name like webtech.com/.in/.net, etc; then click on the “Search Domain” button.
- After that, a new page will be open where you can see that your desired domain name available or not.
- If the domain name you searched for will not be available, you will see something like this on the message screen.
- And if your domain name is available on GoDaddy, you will get this type of message on your computer screen.
Below, you can see other domain extensions with your domain name like .org, .net, .info, .io, .store, and many others.
But I want to recommend you to select a domain name with the extension of .com. Because it’s easy to remember and also a Top Level Domain name category. Now, click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- Then click on the “Checkout Now” option to buy your domain name.
- Now, you will have to ask for the log in your GoDaddy account to purchase a domain.
- If you don’t have an account here then click on create account option and if you have already a registered account then select sign-in option to log in with an existing account.
- After login into your account, don’t forget to fill some personal details to complete the “Billing Information” step. Also, select the number of years from the “Your Items” block.
Then click on the “Save” button.
- Now, you will have to ask for filling the payment details. After filling the essential details, click on the “Save” button option.
You can also select some other given payment methods like Paypal, Net Banking, Wallet and UPI options.
- On the next page, confirm your order to get a domain name for your website and click on the “Complete Purchase” button.
- After the successful completion of your payment, GoDaddy will send you a receipt details in your registered email address.
Now, congratulations to “Buy a Domain Name from GoDaddy Website” by following the above steps, provided by eDigiBytes IT Solutions.